Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Teaser Tuesday 8-10-10

 Teaser Tuesday is hosted by Should Be Reading and allows everyone to share a 2 sentence 'teaser' of their current read. Rules are simple.
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
The Inheritance of LossMine this week come from The Inheritance of Loss by Kiran Desai, pg 21

"Above, the restaurant was French, but below in the kitchen it was Mexican and Indian. And, when a Paki was hired, it was Mexican, Indian, Pakistani." 


I just started the book yesterday and it's interesting so far though I'm not sure where it's going yet. Guess I'll have to stay tuned.

5 comments:

Marg said...

I was a bit disappointed in this one when I read it. Maybe you will like it a bit more than I did.

My teaser is here

Unknown said...

I like your teaser, it's captivating! I haven't heard anything about this book, but it definitely intrigues me...and I like all of the types of cuisine mentioned. lol I'm going to look it up & I have a feeling it'll be on my tbr list soon!

Thank you!
~ Amy

B said...

Haha cute!

Laura Kozy Lanik said...

I was not a fan of this book. I can't believe you read it in two days. I think it took me two weeks!

Rachel said...

Once I realized the story was never picking up, I forced myself to plow through it so I could read something else.

Related Posts with Thumbnails