Thursday, July 28, 2011

Theme Thursday- Action




Theme Thursdays is a fun weekly event hosted by Reading Between the Pages that will be open from one Thursday to the next. Anyone can participate in it. The rules are simple:
  • A theme will be posted each week (on Thursday’s)
  • Select a conversation/snippet/sentence from the current book you are reading
  • Mention the author and the title of the book along with your post
  • It is important that the theme is conveyed in the sentence (you don’t necessarily need to have the word)
This week’s theme is

ANY ACTION (go, walk, close, clap etc)

 This week my snippet comes from Wither by Lauren DeStefano (pg 160)

Wither (The Chemical Garden Trilogy)

"There's a bug," he says, nodding toward my head. I look and see some little winged thing jump and crawl along my blond hair. I blow gently, and it's gone.






12 comments:

Gigi Ann said...

She isn't excited a bit about the bug in her hair. I'm afraid I would want to know what it was doing there.

Frances said...

This was an interesting snippet. Makes me wonder what was going on. The cover of the book is intriguing also. How are you liking the book?

http://alaskanbookcafe.blogspot.com/

fredamans said...

Awesome snippet. I wanna read this one. Thanks for coming by today!

Rachel said...

Cristina, I'm really enjoying it. I started it last night and have devoured most of it already. The cover is what really drew me in at first. It's just so pretty.

Confuzzled Shannon said...

Unless it was a lighting bug or a lady bug I would be screaming. Not good with bugs

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Great excerpt! This book sounds delightful...thanks for sharing, and for visiting my blog.

Enbrethiliel said...

+JMJ+

Well, that's almost . . . lyrical! =)

Cat said...

A lovely snippet although I don't think I'd fancy bugs crawling around in my hair.

Happy reading!

Bev Hankins said...

Good to see a heroine who doesn't scream at the sight of a bug. :-)

Here's mine: http://myreadersblock.blogspot.com/2011/07/theme-thursday-any-action.html

Jennifer G. said...

I don't think I could calmly get a bug out of my hair lol! I've seen this book around and it looks interesting. I'll have to check it out.

Thanks for stopping by my blog.

http://www.booksandbarks.com/2011/07/theme-thursday_28.html

Sidne said...

oh my goodness, this snippet reminds me of a high school incident. I was sitting at lunch room table with other girls. a bee started swarming around us, all the other girls jumped up running and screaming. The young men near was the elite football players with a few basketball stars. i politely waved the bee away without looking up from my novel, i then heard one of the boys said, Damn, now thats a freakin Lady. LOLLOLOLOL

kavyen said...

The cover is a show stopper.... And I would do anything to keep a bug away from me. ( read terrified) ... Ps: Sidne, your comment got me lol.

Related Posts with Thumbnails