Thursday, July 21, 2011

Friday Blog Hop: Genres

Book Blogger Hop

In the spirit of the Twitter Friday Follow, the Book Blogger Hop, hosted by Crazy-For-Books is a place just for book bloggers and readers to connect and share our love of the written word! This weekly BOOK PARTY is an awesome opportunity for book bloggers to connect with other book lovers, make new friends, support each other, and generally just share our love of books! It will also give blog readers a chance to find other book blogs to read!

This week's question is:

What’s the ONE GENRE that you wish you could get into, but just can’t?

I have a hard time with science fiction and a lot of fantasy. There is a handful that I've read that are ok but for the most part it's just not my thing. I've tried, oh believe me I've tried, because my mom and brother always had that sci-fi bond and it would have been nice to join in but I just can't get into it.

Thanks for hopping by! Please leave a link so I can return your visit.



12 comments:

Cara said...

I like a good fantasy, but also struggle with science fiction. Probably because anything with the word science in it scares me before I've even started reading. :/

Christin said...

New follower from the hop! I love fantasy, but I have a hard time with a lot of sci-fi as well. I can only handle so much.

Hope you have a great weekend!

Christin @ Portrait of a Book

Rachel said...

Me too! I think a lot of people struggle with those genres. I even have trouble trying to tell them apart.

http://booksinthesun.blogspot.com/2011/07/book-blogger-hop-2207.html

pussreboots said...

Looking at your recent posts, you are reading science fiction and fantasy... just YA versions. I'm the same way. Happy reading!

Since last week's pie chart about where I get my books was so popular, I thought I'd share what types of books I do read. Please stop by to see which genres I don't typically read.

Pedantic Phooka said...

Hi there, I'm hopping through & following you.
Have a great weekend!

Holjo @ Pedantic Phooka
www.pedanticphooka.com

Mystica said...

I couldn't link up for some reason - my mental block is vampires and paranormal!

Kyanara_BJD said...

Hi,
Sci-fi i reaslly not my thing eigther.
Stopping by for the blog hop.
Have a wonderfull weekend!

Kyanara from Laced Little Muffin's reading corner

Lauren B said...

Fantasy is Ok but not a favorite.
Here's my Blog Hop

Anonymous said...

Re: Book Blogger Hop
I don't read sci-fi either, but I do like some fantasy.

Unknown said...

Hello! Blog hopping and new follower here. I like fantasy, and some science fiction. But I have to be in the right mood for sci fi.

Please stop by and visit my hopping post here.

KristinCanRead said...

Hi! New Follower!
My Follow Friday!

Lisa@ButteryBooks said...

I agree with you on the sci-fi/fantasy. I find myself saying "that can't really happen", which I guess is the point, but I just don't find it entertaining.

Related Posts with Thumbnails