Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Once upon a Read-a-Thon Update: Day Two



Yesterday I didn't read as much as I had hoped. I started The Book Thief by Markus Zuzak and got a little more than halfway through it, about 300 pages read I believe. I'm really loving it and hope to finish today but we'll see since I have to go see my mom later today. I didn't get a chance to participate in any mini-challenges yesterday either. Boo.

Today I'm taking part in the challenge over at Books From Bleh to Basically Amazing. She asks for 2 book recommendations. One of my choosing and my favorite book from the read-a-thon.

First choice: I always recommend Les Miserables by Victor Hugo or The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas. They're both classics and both huge but they are two of my favorite books of all time! Worth every page and better in print then they are on screen, (or stage). Les Mis is all about redemption and love and war. Just phenomenal. Monte Cristo is about betrayal and revenge being best served cold. Awesome!

Second choice: Well I only read two books during the read-a-thon but I think my favorite will be The Book Thief even though I'm not quite finished. I'm just been fantastic so far.I love that it's narrated by death and it's got an interesting voice.

Ok then, I'm getting back to my book!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails