Monday, August 2, 2010

It's Monday! What Are You Reading.


It's Monday. What Are You Reading is a weekly meme hosted by Sheila at Book Journey to allow us to share what we've read in the past week and what we are planning to read this week.

Last week I finished

Moby Dick (Oxford World's Classics)Moby Dick by Herman Melville
 and
by A.S. Byatt The Children's Book [DECKLE EDGE] 1 editionThe Children's Book by A.S. Byatt 

This week I'll be finishing

Love in the Time of Cholera (Vintage International)Love in the Time of Cholera by Gabriel Garcia Marquez








and starting
The Inheritance of Loss [INHERITANCE OF LOSS]The Inheritance of Loss by Kiran Desai
or
The Cider House Rules: A Novel (Modern Library)The Cider House Rules by John Irving

Maybe both if I can get through them quickly. So, what are you reading this week?

7 comments:

Tsionah N said...

I am reading "Promise Not To Tell" by Jennifer McMahon. It isn't the kind of book I normally read, but I really like it! Last week, I finished reading "The Poisonwood Bible" by Barbara Kingsolver. I love your blog!

tsionahnovick@blogspot.com

Rachel said...

I just picked up The Poisonwood Bible from the library so I'll probably get around to that one next week. I'll have to head over and see what you thought of it.

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

You have some fantastic reads here! I wonder how The Children's book is and I have never read Moby Dick.

Have a super week!

Maggie said...

I haven't been able to read very much the last week, so I'm hoping to be able to finish "Home" by Julie Andrews. It's a memoir of her early years, before Mary Poppins and the Sound of Music. I am absolutely loving it! Since I've admired her for my entire life and seen a lot of her work, I can almost hear her voice in my head as I read it. :)

Anna said...

Still working my way through Figures in Silk by Vanora Bennett. Just finished Julie & Julia by Julie Powell and a Nora Roberts book. Next up is The Last Letter.

Jess S. said...

I'm reading The Gates and this past week I read The Last Days and The Nightside #10.

cody said...

Last week was "K2" by Ed Veisturs, "No Shortcut to the Top" by the same author, and "Eiger Dreams" by Jon Krakauer. This week I've started "K2: the Savage Mountain" by Dr. Charles Houston. Then I need to set the books aside a while and get in a little writing of my own.

Related Posts with Thumbnails