Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday: Minor Characters



Top Ten Tuesday, hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, is a fun weekly feature in which we all make book related lists about various topics.

This week is all about the Top Ten Minor Characters



10 & 9 Fred & George Weasley from Harry Potter- I think I find a way to add the Weasley twins to as many lists as I can. That's how much I love them. They added some much needed humor, even when the outlook was pretty grim. Can't help but love the funny guys.





8 & 7  Mad Hatter and March Hare from Alice in Wonderland- I've loved these two for ever. That could be because I happened to play the March Hare in my elementary school production of Alice in Wonderland. These two just hold a special place in my heart. I love that they are totally crazy and couldn't care less about it.


The Hunger Games

6 Cinna from The Hunger Games- He actually turns Katniss into the Mockingjay, turning her into the face of the rebellion with his wicked sense of style. Plus, who doesn't love a guy who can rock the gold eyeliner.




5 & 4 Pam and Bubba from The Southern Vampire Mystery series

I couldn't choose between the two because they are so different. Pam is snarky and bitchy and all around awesome. Bubba is sweet and a little slow but a good guy to have around and every so often he'll sing to anyone willing to listen. Always a plus.


The Help

3. Celia Foote from The Help- Most of the employers in this book are downright despicable. But, Celia is just silly and helpless and quite sad but she's got good intentions and she tries real hard.

 


2 & 1 Walter/Kinko & Camel from Water for Elephants- These two are the only real friends Jacob has and they pay dearly for it. I figured that was worth a mention.
Enhanced by Zemanta

14 comments:

Unknown said...

I love that you chose the Mad Hatter! I didn't even think of him but he was always my favourite in the book and all the movie adaptations!

Priya said...

Is it weird that I like Fred more than George? They're both awesome of course, but I wouldn't call them minor characters!! Mad Hatter and March Hare were a great choice! Somehow, I never really liked Pam, Bubba is sweet though!
Nice list!

Here's mine: http://peskypiksipesternomi.blogspot.com/2011/05/top-ten-tuesday-3.html

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

There were so many great minor characters in The Help that it was hard for me to choose a favorite.

Nice list!

Please stop by my blog and take a look at my list of Top Ten Minor Characters. I'd love to see what you think. And I'd love to have you enter my May Giveaway for the new book Divergent.

KarenSi said...

I love the twins too. I also love Bubba, so disappointing that he isn't in the books anymore.

Anne said...

Love your list. I have Celia Foote on my list too- loved her. I put Bill Weasley on mine, but I love the twins too.

Jade said...

I picked the Weasley twins too! I heart them so much. They were so smart, but totally hilarious. You can't help but love these guys.

Birdie said...

Score! Especially with the Mad Hatter and the March Hare, not to mention the Weasley twins. Great list. Lots of fun!

Unknown said...

Completely agree with Fred and George. They are very cool characters.

Here's mine:
http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2011/05/top-ten-tuesday_16.html

Lisa said...

Pam, Bubba, Fred, and George are great choices. I always loved when Bubba would come up in the Sookie novels but I haven't heard from him lately.

Two Bibliomaniacs said...

The Weasley Twins are great characters! I would love to have tea with Mad Hatter and March Hare.

Rachel said...

Bubba makes an appearance in the newest Sookie book, Dead Reckoning. Just thought I'd let you all know. Just read it this Sunday and I was so excited when he popped in.

Anonymous said...

Great list! I’ve seen Pam on a few lists but I completely forgot about Bubba! I almost put Walter/Kinko & Camel on mine but couldn’t remember their names.

Alissa said...

Cinna is an awesome pick! Loved him! :]

LWSpotts said...

Absolutely agree with you on Celia Foote. I wished through the whole book to know more about her.

Related Posts with Thumbnails