Sunday, May 15, 2011

In My Mailbox: Birthday Edition

Ok, this is actually the books I've received over the last 2 weeks but I saved them up for a special, big post. Today is my birthday so lining up all my new books makes me feel like I got a great big birthday haul. I'm caring for a fairly sick child today so I have to get my small pleasures where I can.

On to the books!

For Review:
The Soldier's Wife by Margaret Leroy
Walking With Sophie by Adam Webb ( daughter is so excited to review w/ me)
Baking with Cookie Molds by Anne L. Watson (who doesn't love to bake cookies?)


R.A.K (Random Acts of Kindness)

& The Weird Sisters by Eleanor Brown 
both from Jessi at The Elliot Review
Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen 
from Jennifer E (Rain Maiden)

Thank you so much! 

From Goodreads First Reads

The Sentimentalists by Johanna Skibsrub
Sentimental Bulls#*t by Magenta Periwinkle
Your Voice in My Head by Emma Forrest

I only win on Goodreads once in a blue moon so to win 3 in the last 2 weeks is awesome.

Of course, there is also all the free classics I downloaded on to the Nook that my hubby bought me for my birthday.

Yay for birthdays! Of course, this is my last birthday where I'm turning 20-something. Next one is the big 3-0 so it's all downhill from here. Kidding! (kind of)


Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

Ann said...

This sounds like an interesting read - and I love the cover - but it's funny how some books, despite enjoying them, you just can't get into properly. It would be interesting to know if you connected when reading it at a later stage, but when there are so many books out there, I don't know that I'd spend time re-reading it to test out that theory!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails