Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Review: Where She Went by Gayle Forman

Where She Went
It's been three years since the devastating accident ... three years since Mia walked out of Adam's life forever.
Now living on opposite coasts, Mia is Julliard's rising star and Adam is LA tabloid fodder, thanks to his new rock star status and celebrity girlfriend. When Adam gets stuck in New York by himself, chance brings the couple together again, for one last night. As they explore the city that has become Mia's home, Adam and Mia revisit the past and open their hearts to the future - and each other.

Told from Adam's point of view in the spare, lyrical prose that defined If I Stay, Where She Went explores the devastation of grief, the promise of new hope, and the flame of rekindled romance.   -Summary taken from Goodreads
I loved If I Stay and so I had to run out and pick up Where She Went as soon as I finished it. This book broke my heart from the moment I read the blurb on the back and it kept tugging those heart strings all the way through. I couldn't believe Mia had just walked away from Adam but I understood her need to start over. I just wished she'd have explained it to him rather than just taking off, that was a little harsh and it made me a little angry with her.

In this book you get to see exactly how much Adam loved Mia. In If I Stay, I believed they were in love but I saw it as any other teenage romance. At the very end of If I Stay you get a glimpse of the strength of their love when Adam convinces her to stay. However, right from the beginning of Where She Went you get to see the depth of Adam's love for her and how much it destroyed him when she left.

Even after they were reunited, I worried and read with trepidation. I was so afraid that Adam would get his hopes up only to be devastated again. I found myself mentally threatening Mia, telling her not to break his heart again. I don't know when exactly I jumped to Team Adam but I ended up being totally in his corner through the whole book.

I won't say of the heart-fail continued or if there was a happy ending for these two. You'll have to see for yourself. However, I will say that I totally loved this book, possibly more than If I Stay. I recommend you pick them both up. They're not too long, I think I read both in 2-3 days. Just keep some tissues handy.



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails