Thursday, May 5, 2011

Theme Thursday- Females

Theme Thursdays


Theme Thursdays is a fun weekly event hosted by Reading Between the Pages that will be open from one Thursday to the next. Anyone can participate in it. The rules are simple:
  • A theme will be posted each week (on Thursday’s)
  • Select a conversation/snippet/sentence from the current book you are reading
  • Mention the author and the title of the book along with your post
  • It is important that the theme is conveyed in the sentence (you don’t necessarily need to have the word)
This weeks theme is:  
FEMALE PERSON 
Description of a woman/girl…

The PostmistressMy theme this week comes from The Postmistress by Sarah Blake (pg 51)

"Miss James was easy on the eyes, though no one agreed as to how. Tall and slim, she wore the Postal Department's standard-issue navy blue cardigan buttoned at the neck, so it swung over her shoulders like a light cape, leaving her freckled arms to move freely in and out with the deliberate care of a page boy, or a squire."  

This was a fun one. I'm ready to go out and read about your ladies now.

7 comments:

Confuzzled Shannon said...

I don't think I have ever thought or seen a post women described in such a way. Interesting!

Amy said...

Ooh, great descriptive snip=it! I just love this meme!

Sherrie said...

Hi!
I haven't read this author. I'll have to check this one out. Sounds interesting. Have a great day!

Sherrie
Just Books

Cat said...

I keep meaning to read this book. Perfect snippet for this week's theme.

Landslide said...

It's so descriptive, I can perfectly picture her in my mind...

Mine: http://tantoslivrostaopoucotempo.blogspot.com/2011/05/theme-thursday-pessoa-do-sexo-feminino.html

kavyen said...

Cool snippet and a fun one. I love the cover as well and I may just steal it for a Saturday cover meme that I do. :)

kavyen said...

I could not resist myself so I went ahead and used this cover :) Here it is

Related Posts with Thumbnails