Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Teaser Tuesday


Teaser Tuesday is a weekly meme that I really enjoy but rarely participate in anymore. It's hosted by Miz B of Should Be Reading! I love it because it's so easy but lots of fun and gives you a taste of what others are reading. The rules are ridiculously simple. 
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) "teaser" sentences from the page. PLEASE DON'T INCLUDE SPOILERS!
  • Share the author and title of the book so that others can add it to their TBR list if they want.
See? Totally easy. 
by A.S. Byatt The Children's Book [DECKLE EDGE] 1 editionMy teaser this week comes from page 23 of  The Children's Book by A.S. Byatt.  

"Violet said "You Mustn't mind my sister. She's a storyteller. She's making up stories for you. I don't mean lies, I mean stories. It's her way. She's fitting you in."
 
It was a little slow starting as you get introduced to an entire community of people. It's picking up quite a bit now as we begin to see the flaws and eccentricities of these people.

2 comments:

Jenny Q said...

I've heard so many good things about this book! Here's my teaser from The Duke of Shadows.

Daydream Believer said...

Love the concept of this blog! Yay!

Related Posts with Thumbnails