Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Moby Dick, Week #3

I just finished week #3 of Moby Dick. I am now halfway through the book and I couldn't be happier.

The book started out really fun and interesting and it's been going downhill. I'll admit that this week was better than last week. We did get some excitement this week as the crew of the Pequod finally lowered the boats to chase some whales. Ishmael realizes how dangerous this profession truly is and has a mini freak out and decides he needs to come up with a rough draft of his will. We also see how two whaling boats interact when they come across each other. The crews board each others boats and swap stories. Other than that I'll admit, I was just really bored.

Here's hoping that next week will be better. Until then you can check out what Laura at BookSnob thought about this week's reading. She seemed to enjoy it more than I did.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails