Top Ten Reasons I Love Book Blogging
1. It gives me a place to talk about all the books I love and even the ones I don't love as much.
2. I have connected with so many awesome people, people who read as much as I do and obsess over their favs. My kind of people! It's great.
3. Since becoming a stay at home mom, blogging gives me a sense of structure, something to do everyday besides chores, because chores are super-lame.
4. Gives me an excuse to ignore chores when I'm feeling super lazy. "Can't do laundry right now, I got a review due and need to finish this book." It's not always true but the excuse makes me feel better about slacking when I just can't put a book down.
5. My kids think it's cool. My oldest likes to ask how many followers I have once a week. It's usually the same number but he still asks and is obligingly impressed each time.
6. I get introduced to so many, many awesome-sauce books that I may not have noticed or picked up without other blogger's recommendations.
7. How cool is it the first time you get a legit comment? That moment was like super fantastic. I couldn't believe anyone actually read what I was posting let alone striking up a discussion about it.
8. The first follower was an equally fantastic moment. Someone not only read but wanted to hear more? WHAT? Why? I'm surprised everyday that I even have 1 let alone the 221 I have today.
9. I had no idea that people would actually send you books for free. The first email I got asking me to review a book made me so ridiculously happy and I can't even explain how I felt the day I got a random package from a major publisher with my first ARC in it. I was so excited, I called my mother because I had to tell someone!
10. Being introduced to this entire community! Sure, this goes along with number 2 but it was important enough to be reiterated. This whole community of intelligent, well read, kind and generous people is just the best.