Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Review: If I Stay by Gayle Forman

If I Stay

In a single moment, everything changes. Seventeen-year-old Mia has no memory of the accident; she can only recall riding along the snow-wet Oregon road with her family. Then, in a blink, she finds herself watching as her own damaged body is taken from the wreck...
A sophisticated, layered, and heartachingly beautiful story about the power of family and friends, the choices we all make—and the ultimate choice Mia commands.   -Summary taken from Goodreads


I'm a little late to this party as everyone else is currently reading the sequel as I'm just getting around to reading the first one. But, as they say, better late than never. I'm so glad I finally got around to picking this up. The concept is heart-breaking but fantastic. I couldn't imagine being forced to make the decision that Mia has to make. At first glance, one would think the decision is an easy one but as the story unfolds, you see that it's anything but easy.

I loved all the characters. Each one had a well defined personality and they were all so fun and vibrant. Through the flashbacks that Mia recalls, I could see why she was one of the few teenagers who actually enjoyed hanging out with their family. I wanted to hang out with Mia's family as well. Of course, this only makes the book that much more emotionally difficult to read.

I felt the book was fantastic and had to run out and buy the sequel because I'm just an incredibly impatient person. I'm looking forward to the rest of the story.


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails