Thursday, April 21, 2011

Theme Thursday- Weather

Theme Thursdays

Theme Thursdays is a fun weekly event hosted by Reading Between the Pages. Anyone can participate in it. The rules are simple:
  • A theme will be posted each week (on Thursday’s)
  • Select a conversation/snippet/sentence from the current book you are reading
  • Mention the author and the title of the book along with your post
  • It is important that the theme is conveyed in the sentence (you don’t necessarily need to have the word)

And this week’s theme is ……..

WEATHER

If I Stay

 My theme this week comes from If I Stay by Gayle Forman. It was pretty easy this week. My snippet is the very first line. 

 "Everyone thinks it was because of the snow. And in a way, I suppose that's true." 



Happy Thursday everyone and I hope at least some of you have a bit of warmer weather in their snippets! 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Slam dunk! The first line! I had to skim through 90 pages before I found a little something.

Here's mine:

http://bookbelle0819.blogspot.com/2011/04/theme-thursday_21.html

Unknown said...

Very mysterious, love it.

Here's mine:
http://quarterlifequarterly.org/notice/

Landslide said...

What a beautiful first line. It made me want to read the book...

My theme thursday: http://tantoslivrostaopoucotempo.blogspot.com/2011/04/theme-thursday-tempo-meteorologico.html

Carin Siegfried said...

I've heard such good things about this book! Hope you're enjoying.

Julie P said...

That is a good first sentence by the author. It makes me want to read more.....

kavyen said...

Very first sentence.. and such an impactful one.

Love it...

Crystal (I totally paused!) said...

I love the cover for this one :) My selection was also pretty easy to find, it was the next sentence I was reading, in The Vespertine.

Related Posts with Thumbnails