Tuesday, September 21, 2010

And we're back!

So, life is starting to calm down a little bit. One final down and one to go but the remaining is my algebra final and I swear no amount of studying will help with that one. This last week has been a bit of a rollercoaster. I had to create an entire breakfast, lunch and dinner menu for a fictional restaurant of my invention as well as build a layout of said restaurant using a blank floorplan. Of course being the evil genius that he is Chef gave us the worst building possible to build a restaurant in. I finished the menu Friday night, went up to my moms to print (I lost my printer cable) and headed the restaurant supply store to buy menu covers on Saturday. Done right?

Not at  all! Once I got home I realized I had mistakenly bought tri-fold covers went I meant to buy single folds. Naturally, it was too late to run back and exchange them. That would make life too simple wouldn't it. The store couldn't be open on Sunday either, again too simple. I spent Saturday night stretching and adding to my menu until my 4 pages became 6. There was a spot of family drama that arose late Saturday into early Sunday morning that kept me up till the wee hours of the morning so I had plenty of time to get it done. One more trip to moms to reprint and I was finally done! Both projects were turned in last night much to my great relief and now life can get back to normal.

One would think Sunday night would be filled with relaxation since everything was done and waiting to be turned in but that's not the way my life works. There was a massive wildfire on the mountains just a few miles from my house. My husband, daughter and I walked down to the corner where we could see the flames on
Machine Gun Fire - SouthImage by zacheryjensen via Flickr
the hillside. My daughter thought it looked like a volcano. It sort of did as you can see by the picture. On my return home I promptly stepped on a toothpick which inserted itself at least half an inch into the muscle of my foot. Yes, it's as painful as it sounds. One good thing came of it though. It was too painful to walk the next day so I was able to do little but sit and read and I finally finished The English Patient. Review will be coming tonight or tomorrow.

Life should be calming down now and I hope to get back into the swing of things quickly. Thanks for sticking by me through my mini-hiatus.
Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

Valerie Troutman said...

Ouch! That makes me think of the scene in Home Alone when the guy steps on the nail. Yikes! You'll make it through.

Related Posts with Thumbnails