Saturday, May 1, 2010

Lazy, cold Saturday

Well, it's May! My favorite month of the year and not just because it includes the day of my birth. May is like the gateway to summer, a promise that it's just around the corner. However this week has been full of snow, rain, hail and other general unpleasantness so my May day is a little overcast and a tad chilly. I am not pleased.

So here I am, on what should be a nice warm day, stuck inside with nothing to do and a whiny four year old. I should be out playing in my yard, or laying on the grass finishing my book. Nope, not going to happen today. To top it off I just paid rent and am saving for a vacation we're taking next week so I lack the funds to go out and do anything as well. I could (and should) finishing cleaning the house but there's really no fun in that. I also have several recipes that need typed up for my class on Tuesday but again, where's the fun in doing homework?

I attempted to read but the aforementioned child kept climbing on me and nagging for juice every time I tried. I'm feeling like this day is destined to be spent on the couch, watching crap on TV and generally doing as little as possible. Actually now that I think about it, that doesn't seem like too bad of a plan.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails